The Church Hill Theatre (and its partner venues: Usher Hall, Assembly Rooms, and Ross Bandstand) are all owned and operated by the City of Edinburgh Council. We are committed to protecting your information and privacy. We promise only to use your information with your consent and in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
When you purchase a ticket from us, sign up to our mailings lists or register for an event, we will ask for your information which is required and appropriate for the delivery of the service. When we ask for your information, we will ask for your consent to use your information for other purpose - to improve our service or send you marketing information. When we ask for your consent, you will always be informed about what the information will be used for and how you can withdraw your consent.
When you provide your personal information, this will be held on a secure server. We will ask for your consent to use that information for the provision of services and changes to your consent can be made at any point. See 'controlling your personal information preferences' below, for full details. The Church Hill Theatre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Visitors to our website
Access to our website is free and anonymous. Visitor's personal details will not be recorded unless they choose to submit their data in an online form or email.
The Church Hill Theatre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect when you book tickets with us
We may collect the following information during the course of a transaction:
- full name
- contact information including, address, telephone number and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
- Data analysis: we use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Also, we may use the information to improve our products and services, or to customise the website according to your interests.
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal information held about you
- The right to request the inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to request erasure of your data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Informational Commissioner’s Office.
To opt out and update your personal preferences please log onto your account and select the data protection option. Alternatively please email the team
When you set up an account with us you will be given three options regarding the management of your data with respect to this activity. For each activity, you can opt in or opt out:
- occasional emails from the Usher Hall/Assembly Rooms/Church Hill Theatre/Ross Bandstand and our partner promoters: RSNO/SCO/BBC SSO/Raymond Gubbay
- if you opt into this activity, the venue or promoter may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- occasional mailings from the Usher Hall/Assembly Rooms/Church Hill Theatre/Ross Bandstand and our partner promoters: RSNO/SCO/BBC SSO/ Raymond Gubbay
- occasional contact via social media
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
Cancellation of an event
Should an event you have booked tickets for be cancelled or rescheduled, we will contact you even if you have opted out of all of the above categories.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.